"Our soul must perform two duties. The one is that we must reverently wonder and be surprised. The other is that we must gently let go and let be." Julian of Norwich

...Cancer teaches both!!!

Monday, October 5, 2009

A Sylvia Sunset!




“When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon,
my soul expands in worship of the Creator”
Mahatma Gandhi

-------------------------

It was the truly perfect end of a truly perfect day!! The English Bay Sunset at the Sylvia Hotel did not disappoint! We gathered with 60-70 dear friends and family to celebrate life and give thanks for the day. We were serenaded by an unexpected visit by Harry and Paulette's "Travelling Band" who led 4 beautiful numbers including "What a Wonderful World" and "Rock'n Around the Clock".

I was totally suprised by the presence of my daughter Robyn and her partner Brandon who were "snuck" in from Edmonton for the occasion. Robyn blew us away with a slideshow of pictures that began in Arkansas in 1957 and flowed right through to present day! WOW!!

---------------------


Kelly - Pam - Rob - Robyn - Morgan
Jerome - Brandon - Brent

--------------------

I am reminded so often on this journey of the incredible blessing of family and friends who walk the way with us. Yesterday's gathering reflected a cross-section of family, friends and colleagues who go back with Pam and I to our Queen Charlotte Islands days and beyond. We give thanks for the gift of each! And now I've got a whole month's worth of birthday cards to open! Yeah!




Deep Peace of the Sylvia Sunset to you... Rob

---------------------
"Once while St. Francis of Assisi was hoeing his garden, he was asked, ''What would you do if you were suddenly to learn that you were to die at sunset today?'' He replied, ''I would finish hoeing my garden.''”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the photos you have shared of you and Pam and your gorgeous girls. I admire your personal power and positive approach as you are on this journey Rob. Would have been fun to be there. How great to have the Harry and Paulette come to entertain. Happy Birthmonth to you! Corinne always celebrates for the entire month and it is a brilliant idea!
Huge Hugs
Jan

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the North Shore, Rob! I loved seeing your great pics of the family & great place for your party!
Happy Belated Birthday!!

I am enjoying your blog & following along with you. So happy that Healing Touch is making a difference for you.

My prayers are with you & Pam & the 'girls'!! Keep up the fight, soak in the beautiful Fall we are having & keep that positive outlook!

Your mediation training you gave me while @ Highlands has helped me thru my health issues in the last 2 yrs. I thank you for that!
Blessings!
Jacqueline
HUC