"Our soul must perform two duties. The one is that we must reverently wonder and be surprised. The other is that we must gently let go and let be." Julian of Norwich

...Cancer teaches both!!!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Radiation Fatigue!

WOW!  I have been knocked down over the last few days by Radiation Fatigue!  It began on Wednesday and by Friday and Saturday all I could do was sleep!  Phew!  I am familiar with some fatigue from chemo but this is far worse than anything I have previously experienced.   I am literally "unable to stay awake".  Pure and simple.  I've been up for several short (1 hour) blocks today (Saturday), but mostly I am "napping".  I wonder how long this will last?

Radiation Finished
Anyways...  I had my last radiation treatment on Friday.  15 of 15.  It is good to have it finished.  No bad side-effects apart from the fatigue. 

What Now?
Now we "wait and see" to learn what sort of effect the radiation has.  It continues to work for a few weeks and I'll be back to see the radiation oncologist in about 4 weeks.

Chemo?
I will also be seeing my regular oncologist in the next week or so.  I will learn then if there is any chemo approach that could help.


In the meantime it is NAPTIME....
 
Mostly napping...  Rob; in Vancouver

No comments: