"Our soul must perform two duties. The one is that we must reverently wonder and be surprised. The other is that we must gently let go and let be." Julian of Norwich

...Cancer teaches both!!!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Showers of Blessings!

What an incredible community of family, friends, and colleagues! We are so grateful for the many words of encouragement and support and for the prayers and healing thoughts that are being sent our way at this time. It means so much to know that we are not alone as we walk this journey. The experience of such positive and tangible emotional support goes a long ways towards making this difficult "adjustment stage" bearable.
This poem from 8 year old John Keenlyside says it all...


I'm now waiting for a call from the BC Cancer Agency, which I understand could take a week or two. They have my very extensive file and will no doubt need some time to come up with an approriate strategy. So it remains a time of some uncertainty as to what will follow. I'm anxious to get on with treatment but need the patience to let everything happen in due time. Grrrr...
In the meantime I can enjoy a few more weeks of life in a relatively normal way. Work and pray, eat and sleep, worship and play...
With many, many thanks... Rob
"It is important not only to be grateful to others
but also to be grateful for others."
Edward Hays

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob,
Your journal continues to inspire us all who hold you and yours up to the light.....mary

Carl said...

I've missed your blog, Rob, but I've been glad that your absence from the blogging scene has indicated that remission was continuing. Well, now you're back, which isn't such a good thing - not because of what you write here, but because you're writing at all.

I've continued my blog, through 8 months of remission, and since then, through a couple years of watch-and-wait, as my lymphoma has continued to show up on scans but hasn't increased appreciably in size.

"Showers of blessings," indeed - may they continue to be yours.

Carl
http://www.cewilton.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh Rob, that is really frustrating news. This journey is a long and challenging time, and your spirit is an inspiration to us. And, hey, I saw you on Denman last week wearing a great BRIGHT t-shirt - keep it up. Blessings.
Hugh & Ariel

Anonymous said...

Hi Rob,

See you Sunday, when I'll be doing the reading with my dad and sister!

Love John R.K.