"Our soul must perform two duties. The one is that we must reverently wonder and be surprised. The other is that we must gently let go and let be." Julian of Norwich

...Cancer teaches both!!!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cancer Sucks!

Towards the end of this glorious summer I began to experience pain in my "tailbone". A bone scan last week and subsequent CT scan this week have confirmed the presence of cancer in the bone at the base of my spine. Another event to file under the banner "CANCER SUCKS".

Things had been looking pretty good up until this point. My spring scans and bloodwork were all good. C'est la vie!

I'm not too sure what's ahead at this point but the hope is that there will be a treatment plan to include some combination of radiation and chemo. I'm waiting now to hear from the BC Cancer Agency to begin the process.

During my last time of treatment, 2007, I posted regularly to this journal as a way of keeping family and friends informed of my progress and of sharing some reflections and resources related to living with cancer. I haven't posted for the last 2 years but with this new stage of the journey I'll begin posting again.

Peace and blessings...
Rob
“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” Margaret Thatcher

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob! It's Stephanie. Well.. I am really sorry to hear that your cancer has come back. But.. I know that you are strong both physically and in your relationship and faith in God. Even though I am now in halifax studying at university, know that I am thinking of you along with the rest of my family. I know it sucks, but you are a strong guy, and you will make it through!
Good luck.. and thinking of you!
Love,
Stephanie and the Frass family

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the North Shore Rob! Your news has arrived @ Highlands UC.....sorry to hear that your journey with Cancer is continuing. Knowing you, you will continue to fight! With your strong faith, supportive family & friends you will suck up all this energy & conquer the demon. Ironically, the other day you & Pam came to my mind.....guess God was telling me I needed to add you to my Prayer List. Please know that I wish you all the strength & peace you can find in this next journey. Blessings! Jacqueline (one of your Prayer students from Highlands)

Anonymous said...

hi, I admire your cancer journey.
my cancer has spread to my hip bone,
had a hip replacement, will start chemo. any advice on how to survive this beast.