"Our soul must perform two duties. The one is that we must reverently wonder and be surprised. The other is that we must gently let go and let be." Julian of Norwich

...Cancer teaches both!!!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back in the Saddle!!

Well this stage of the journey is finally winding down. I’ve got a couple more days of Xeloda (oral chemo… yeecchh!) left and then I’m done!! Yeah! It’s been almost six months since my last surgery and RFA procedure. Things are looking real good. Latest scans were clear. Tumor markers are way down. Bloodwork looks good. All systems are “go” for returning to the land of the living!

Not wanting to let any more moss gather… I’m back in the pulpit this Sunday, September 2nd. I’ve been spending a few days at the church for the last couple of weeks. I performed a marriage service last week and have been getting geared up to start back.

During the couple of days I’ve been working over the last few weeks I’ve been struck with how much I love my life and my vocation! I look forward to getting back into the rhythm of congregational life and the ebb and flow of the church seasons. I especially look forward to getting to know the wonderful folks at St. Stephen’s and spending some “quality time” with them all!!

Yes… it is so very good to be alive!!

I expect that my posting to “A Cancer Journal” will taper off quite a bit now. I’ll post a periodic note of interest and the occasional health update as scan results come in, but mostly I’ll be back to life as usual, and that doesn’t leave much time for “blogging”.

This blog has been lots of fun for me. And very helpful in terms of sharing some of my thoughts and feelings over the past few years. Thank you to all who have visited me here. During long weeks of being mostly “house bound” you have helped me to know that I am not alone. God bless you all!

Peace and blessings… Rob; in Vancouver

"The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet." Frederick Buechner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed every entry, and will be sad to see them go. They are helpful for me on my path of continued self discovery and are also a are great model for my lesson planning. They were interesting, full of facts and pictures, and had cool videos (in most of them).
Thank you for sharing Dad
Love Robyn