"Our soul must perform two duties. The one is that we must reverently wonder and be surprised. The other is that we must gently let go and let be." Julian of Norwich

...Cancer teaches both!!!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Medical Update

I have met a few people over the past week who have been wondering "How I'm doing?"   I guess it is time for a brief "Medical Update".

I continue to receive a "targeted tumor growth inhibitor" ERBITUX.  I have now had 14 treatments of a planned 20.  These take place every 2nd Wednesday.  Side-effects remain limited to a skin rash and mild fatigue.  The good news is that there continues to be "no disease progression".  Believe me when I tell you that this is significantly good news!

I remain on medical leave and will do so through the summer.  I remain hopeful of a return to work in the Fall.

I am well and enjoying each day of this beautiful Vancouver Spring.

HELP ME!  To Uncover the Cure!!


This year Pam and I and "the Girls" are joining with some folks from Pam's office to participate in the 2010 UNDERWEAR AFFAIR!  A major fund-raising event for cancers "below the belt".  Our team is called "The Energy Train"... Toot Toot! You can help me meet my fund-raising goal by visiting my site and donating online.  It is easy.  "Rob's Underwear Site"

VISIT MY NEWEST BLOG... 60's RETRO
You know you have way too much restless time on your hands when you start something like this... 


 A "retrospective" glance at the decade that defied tradition and defined a generation!
60's Retro

TTFN... Rob; in Vancouver

"Medical science has proven time and again that when the resources are provided, 
great progress in the treatment, cure, and prevention of disease can occur."
Michael J. Fox 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob - That is fantastic that you and your wife got together with Adrian and John. Wonderful! It sounds like you had a great trip. Aloha, Kathleen