"Our soul must perform two duties. The one is that we must reverently wonder and be surprised. The other is that we must gently let go and let be." Julian of Norwich

...Cancer teaches both!!!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Greetings from the Beautiful West End!!

Well I've had "A Cancer Journal" up and running for about a month now and I just wanted to say thank you to all who have stopped by. I've put up about 30 posts and had over 2400 visitors to the site. Some are daily guests, others less frequent but still regular, and a few just stopped by for a peak.
I've found this to be a helpful exercise for myself. I've jounalled sporadically for the past 27 years and always found it to be an important discipline in terms of reflecting on life's journey. Many of the posts so far have come from different sections of my journal during my first diagnosis and more recently with my recurrence. I'm trying to strike a balance between technical posts, spritual reflections, humour, music, inspiration, and personal updates. Weekend posts will continue to be along the lines of "The Funny Pages" and "Sweet Hour of Prayer". My plan is to continue posting daily until I go back to work in September. After that I'll probably post a little less frequently.
Some hints for using this site... pretty simple stuff mostly...
OLDER POSTS: Older posts can be accessed from from the "Blog Archive" to the left. Post titles from the current month are visible. The post titles from previous months can be accessed from a "drop-down" menu by clicking the arrow indictating the month.
LABELS: Each post has a number of labels located at the bottom. Yesterday's post, "To Everything There is a Season" has the following labels: companionship, death, journey, mentors, and Palliative Care. If you click these labels you can pull up other posts with a similar theme. The journey label refers to posts that have to do with particular aspects of my own journey.
COMMENTS: I really value the comments that folks have made so far. It's a good way for you to share your own thoughts, to add something, or to just say Hi!. You do not have to be a member to make a comment you can simply post it under ANONYMOUS and sign your name in the body of the comment. If you have any suggestions for future posts or resources you would like me to share please let me know.
SHARING THIS SITE: If you find a post that you would like to pass on to someone just click the envelope icon at the bottom of the post. It may be something inspirational, informative, or funny that could be apprecitated by someone else at just the right time. Alternatively you could just paste the URL from the browser window into an e-mail and forward it that way.
Next week I'm planning a 5-part series "Living with Cancer" based on a framework of lessons for living from Sufi teacher Kabir Helminski. It will be a combination of reflections, quotes and clips on living deeply, finding peace, and sharing goodness in the midst of this cancer experience. Moday's theme is "Committing to Your Highest Possibility".
Have a truly great summer weekend... Rob
“Journal writing is a voyage to the interior” Christina Baldwin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
The time we have now is so precious. It is good to be reminded not to be incinciere and make the most of our lives today!
Keep up the great work
Love Robyn