"Our soul must perform two duties. The one is that we must reverently wonder and be surprised. The other is that we must gently let go and let be." Julian of Norwich

...Cancer teaches both!!!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Happy Christmas" - John Lennon

John Lennon was shot and killed on December 8, 1980 outside of his Central Park home in New York.  I remember hearing the news the following morning in northern BC where I was working as a timber cruiser.   I was on my way to pick up my friend Gary to head into the mountains for a day of work.   We were both Beatles fans and deeply saddened both by the loss of a great musician and the silencing of a prophetic voice.

John and Yoko released this classic Christmas song as a protest song against the Vietnam War. It has become a Christmas favorite. It is wonderful in this video to see the faces of the children who sing the beautiful chorus pieces. The kids are from the Harlem Community Choir.

Happy Christmas!!

No comments: