"Our soul must perform two duties. The one is that we must reverently wonder and be surprised. The other is that we must gently let go and let be." Julian of Norwich

...Cancer teaches both!!!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Robyn & Brandon 10-10-10




We had a great Thanksgiving Weekend in Edmonton celebrating Robyn and Brandon's wedding.  The weather was fantastic, we had an awesome collection of family and friends, and the weekend was filled with many wonderful moments.


I had been very sick the week before the wedding and was only able to pull off the travel after significant help from my oncologist, my GP, and a new pain management regime.  As it turned out my energy increased through the weekend and by 10-10-10 I was able to walk Robyn down the aisle and dance 'til 1:00AM!!

One of the many highlights of the wedding was attendance of a few special friends from my High School days in Calgary.   It was like a mini-reunion!  Gerry came down from Manning, Alberta, Nancy, who we hadn't seen since our own wedding 30 years ago, came up from Calgary,  and Missy also came up from Calgary, where she has lived since relocating from Vancouver a few years ago.  It was a wonderful treat to share a table with them at the wedding!


Rob - Missy - Nancy - Gerry
  The following video features some highlights from the wedding.  Pictures were taken mostly by Kelly's partner Jerome.  It is impossible to capture all of the great moments or wonderful people who attended.  Even so, this short clip gives a sense of the celebration.  I've used a couple of Beatles tunes again.


Be well... Rob, Father-of-the-Bride; in Vancouver...


3 comments:

Leslie Stirling said...

Hi Rob - Thanks for sharing the wedding with us. I am so happy that you were able to attend. My thoughts are with you. Leslie Stirling

Kathryn in MN said...

I saw the photos on FaceBook - so I knew about the wedding. Lots of fabulous family shots. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the wedding.

I hadn't been back on the blog here lately, and didn't know you've been having a harder time again. You'd mentioned earlier having your last chemo, so I was hoping that meant good news. I'm so sorry to hear this.

It is great that your healthcare team was able to work with you to enable you to not only attend the wedding, but enjoy and dance all night!

Congratulations to all of you!

I hope that you continue to feel better with less pain and more energy. You continue to be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

The day looks like it was perfect!!! So glad you were feeling well on the special day. What a gorgeous bride! Aloha,
Kathleen